Democrat Point Fire Island, NY
Fire Island Tide Chart
Common Fish of the Great South Bay
The Great South Bay, located on Long Island, New York, offers a variety of fishing opportunities. Some of the types of fishing that are commonly found in the Great South Bay include:
- Striped Bass Fishing: Striped bass are one of the most sought-after game fish in the Great South Bay. They can be caught year-round, with peak seasons in the spring and fall.
- Bluefish Fishing: Bluefish are another popular game fish found in the Great South Bay. They are most abundant in the summer months.
- Fluke Fishing: Fluke, also known as summer flounder, are a bottom-dwelling fish that are found in the Great South Bay from May through September.
- Weakfish Fishing: Weakfish, also known as sea trout, are a popular game fish that are caught in the Great South Bay in the spring and fall.
- Blackfish Fishing: Blackfish, also known as tautog, are a bottom-dwelling fish that are caught in the Great South Bay in the fall and winter.
- Blue Claw Crabbing: Blue claw crabs are abundant in the Great South Bay and are a popular target for recreational crabbers in the summer months.
- Clamming: The Great South Bay is also a popular location for clamming, with a variety of clams such as littleneck clams, cherrystone clams and quahogs found in the bay.
It’s important to note that fishing regulations and seasons vary depending on the species and location, so it’s always a good idea to check with local authorities or a fishing guide before heading out.
Fire Island Surf Forecast
NIGHT TIME is the best time to watch